Sr. Controls Engineer
Our Controls Engineering team is dedicated to keeping our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. As a Software Controls Engineer, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all aspects of the software controls project from early execution through completion and handover to the customer.
- Design or use code from a library, using Rockwell Guard Logix, HMI’s as primary solutions, but we also offer Mitsubishi and Siemens solutions when required.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and other personnel to design and execute the controls solution. Our Software Controls engineers interact with Mechanical and Electrical engineers, Robot Path Programmers (Process), and installation engineers to be successful on projects.
- Ensure safety practices are adhered to for all onsite personnel. We watch each other’s backs while onsite to make sure folks are safe in what they do. After all, we are working with robots.
- Help the project manager to maintain and update the project schedule
- Maintain high standards of quality that adhere to industry requirements. There is a reason why many of our customers have reverted to single sourcing us for projects. We deliver what we promise, and we do this with Ethics and Dignity.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Robotics, or Automation preferred.
- 2 years’ experience required.
- Previous experience working for other system integrators preferred but not required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of VisualBasic.Net.
- Competency with Rockwell, Siemens, and Mitsubishi (or any combination of the three).
Skills You’ll Have:
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with the confidence to openly discuss what is right or wrong on a project.
- Ability to meet deadlines while ensuring the safety of all people and equipment involved.
- Ability to work onsite at GLOBAL Automation offices or customer locations as required.
- Clear, concise communication.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and maintain a positive working relationship, even under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations.
- Work within a team dynamic and able to understand mechanical and electrical concepts as it pertains to robotic systems.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet deadlines / customer requirements.
- Passport required for international projects.
- Domestic and international travel required.
As a leading full-service automation solutions provider, GLOBAL Automation Technologies, LLC (GAT) provides automation design, simulation, and machine building, including advanced robotic systems and industry-specific software solutions. Established in 2009 and based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, the company has offices in Michigan, Texas, Dubai, and South Africa. GAT continues to expand its geographic footprint across the USA and the globe.