Robotics Technical Support Specialist
As an incoming Robotics Technical Suport Specialist, you will be providing helpful, courteous, and detailed technical support and guidance to customers regarding debug and repair of their robots, controllers, and related systems/equipment, as well as on-site project coordination.
- Auburn, WA (1 position)
- Rochester Hills, MI (1 position)
- Hoffman Estates, IL (1 position)
- Huntersville, NC (1 position)
What You’ll Do:
- Discuss, diagnosis, and resolve issues related to repairing robots (including operational and process issues) as reported by customers and/or Service Engineers.
- Answer technical support requests (via phone call, email, or webchat), identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution before properly logging via the technical support log,
- Create spare part quotations, quick reference guides, and technical support logs (including common solutions to challenges) to provide to customers in response to technical support inquiries.
- Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers, or utilized during onsite project coordination.
- Maintain and achieve corporate group measures for phone call answer rate and technical support log closure rate.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to develop project support schedule and define onsite scope of work to be performed.
- Communicate with customer personnel on project requirements, delivery schedules, and project status as needed.
- Support the technical support group by identifying and implementing business process improvements when able.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree or certification in mechanical, electrical, software, robotics, automation, or related engineering/technical field; or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years of experience with FANUC robots, controls and/or applications, preferably in integration, service, or installation type of position (including knowledge of robotic applications and processing).
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience with equipment and robot maintenance, including mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting, teardown, and repair with the ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
- Experience with robotic programming, computer programming (Roboguide), or related PLC programming.
- Familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Robotic paint system experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral) with the ability to interface with others over the phone and at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Flexibility with supporting “on-call” after hours support and 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group manpower shortages.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet deadlines / customer requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
If you believe you will be a good fit for this position, apply today!