Service Installation Engineer – Robot
As an incoming Service Install Engineer, you will be traveling to various locations to help our client’s customers with on‑site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services for FANUC Robots and related system peripheral equipment.
- Memphis, TN (1 position)
- Peoria, AZ (1 position)
- Los Angeles, CA (1 position)
- Pittsburgh, PA (1 position)
What You’ll Do:
- Discuss, diagnosis, and repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or internal service hotline.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain FANUC Robots and controllers, electrical control devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Document FANUC products and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system.
- Provide daily reports to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability.
- Complete Field Service reports for each customer call/visit.
- Maintain a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response.
- Perform warranty service on FANUC products.
- Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and support collections activities.
- Communicate frequently with involved FANUC America employees and customer employees to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty.
- Work out of a home office for coordinating activities and supporting customer through the Hotline in between service calls.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associates degree in a related technical field, or equivalent technical education, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an automation/manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three years’ experience in robotics integration, installation, or service.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic troubleshooting, teardown, and repair experience.
- Previous experience with FANUC application software and programming is highly preferred.
- Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic.
- Previous experience with FANUC robots, controllers, and peripheral equipment on RJ3iB, R30iA, and R30iB control platforms is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling).
- Solid PC Skills, Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google applications, and ability to use some CAD tools
- Excellent organization
- Problem solving skills
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking
- Willing to work overtime to meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!